If you are looking to make precise and accurate cuts then you better make damn sure that you have the right tool for the job. So you can either go out there and buy this Makita compound miter saw blindly, read endless Makita LS1016L Reviews on the internet for hours… or you can read our review of the Makita LS1016L and find everything you need to know.
In this Makita miter saw review we will cut right to the chase and have a look at the features and specifications, the pros of owning this miter saw and the cons that you should know about before you spend your hard earned dollars. Then last but not least we will give you our overall thoughts and whether or not this is worth the investment or if you’re better off keeping your money in your pocket,
We would not hesitate to recommend this miter saw to a friend who planned on using it for DIY projects around the house or even for regular use on commercial jobs.
Let’s Have A Look At The Makita LS1016L Miter Saw
Makita is known for changing the game when it comes to their tools and they have certainly done it again with the Makita LS1016L 10″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw. Size doesn’t always matter and Makita proved it when they took a 10″ saw and designed it to cut crown molding the same capacity as your average 12″ miter saw. If you are looking for a miter saw that will produce clean, accurate cuts then you will love the patented 4 steel rail and the exclusive 6 linear ball bearings for smooth, adjustment-free, “dead-on” accurate cuts. Another thing that you will love is the direct drive motor that offers soft start and constant power since there are no belts that are slipping while you’re cutting. In addition, the electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting.
LS1016L Features & Specifications
- 10″ slide miter saw with the crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8″ nested) of a 12″ miter saw
- Exclusive 6 linear ball bearings engineered to deliver “dead-on” accurate cuts
- Innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (4-3/4″)
- Compact design with a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts
- Less weight (53.3 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy jobsite portability
- Powerful 15.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8″ crown molding (vertically nested), 4-3/4″ baseboard (vertical), and 12″ crosscuts at 90°
- Largest crown molding cutting capacity in its class
- Miters 0°-52° left and 0°-60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° (left and right)
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
Makita LS1016L Review – Pros!
All around the Makita LS1016L feels very smooth to operate right from the smooth start, smooth sliding action and the smooth clean cuts you get in the end. Not only does it cut smooth but it will also cut crown molding at 6-5/8″ vertically nested, who doesn’t like getting the job of of a bigger tool done with a smaller tool. Another thing to note is the fact that most miter saws have to be adjusted out of the box for precision but most people report that this miter saw is bang on right out of the box, you never know what happened in shipping though so always check alignment to be sure.
Makita LS1016L Review – Cons!
One of the first Makita LS1016 problems is it’s lack of collecting dust in the dust collection bag, so if cleanliness is super important to you then this miter saw might not be for you. Another thing to note is the fact that Makita LS1016L manual that comes with it is rather disappointing and has some errors in it but who reads manuals anyway, right? And last but not least the laser could be a little brighter but the average person can still see it.
Our Overall Thoughts On The Makita LS1016L !
As you can clearly see in this Makita LS1016L Review we did not find too much bad to say about it. But would we recommend it to a friend? We would not hesitate to recommend this Makita miter saw to a friend who planned on using it for DIY projects around the house or even for regular use on commercial jobs. However if you are looking for a miter saw that you are going to put through hard abuse on as daily basis then this might not be the right pick for you.