With so many different hammer drills on the market today it can be a very tedious process picking one. This review has been created just for you to so that you can make an educated decision before you settle on that one Rotary Hammer Drill.
Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme – What Is It?
The Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme is rotary hammer drill that packs a punch much like a lot of the big boys on the block. Built tough and sturdy, Bulldog Xtreme drills let you take a bite out of those big chores and finish sooner. Bosch user-friendly SDS-Plus systems allow you to change bits quickly and easily, while the multi-function selector lets you switch between rotation only, rotary hammer, or hammer-only modes just as effortlessly.
Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog – PROS
The Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme Hammer Drill has a lot of pros we could list, here are just a few we would like to point out.
- At only six pounds this drill is a great option for drilling holes in vertical surfaces where other heavier drills will cause a lot strain on the arms
- The Hammer Hook allows quick tool storage during the job.
- Trademarked Vario-Lock positioning allows you to rotate and lock the chisel into 36 different positions to optimize working angle
- The design of the handle makes for easy overhead and downward drilling
- The Integral Clutch is a real wrist saver
- Variable speed reversing trigger makes for real accurate bit starting
Bosch 11255VSR Review – CONS
With all great products there are also cons, yes even the Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme has some too.
- Not the fastest drill on the market but drills at an acceptable speed
- If the brushes need to be replaced you have to actually open up the drill case
Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme Review – Specifications
Here are the specifications of the Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme collected from the official Bosch website.
|Impact Energy (ft. lbs.)||2.2|
|Max. Hole Diameter in Concrete||1″|
|Max. Hole Diameter in ConcreteThin Wa||2-5/8″|
|Max. Hole Diameter in Steel||1/2″|
|Max. Hole Diameter in Wood||3/4″ – 1″|
|No Load BPM||0 – 5,800|
|No Load RPM||0-1,300|
|Optimal Concrete Capacity Range||3/16″ – 5/8″|
Bosch 11255VSR Review – Overall Thoughts
Overall we think that the Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme is a great buy for DIYers and contractors. Keep in mind that it is not designed to be able to smash out a concrete driveway or patio, for smaller jobs it is a great tool to have around. For drilling I would definitely recommend this to anyone, though it is a little slow compared to its bigger competitors it will save your arms at the end of the day. At this price you definitely can’t go wrong.