Are you having problems trying to find a good quality unbiased Makita HR2475 Review?
This review of the Makita HR2475 1-Inch D-Handle SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer should hopefully help you make a more educated decision before deciding whether or not to purchase this Rotary Hammer by Makita
Welcome to ConcreteToolReviews.com where you will find product reviews, tips, tricks and how to’s all related to the concrete industry. In this Makita Rotary Hammer Review, you will find an overview of the HR2475, then we will go over the pros, the cons, what others are saying about it and then our overall thoughts and whether or not we recommend picking up the HR2475 Hammer Drill
Makita HR2475 SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer
A Look At The Makita HR2475 Rotary Hammer
Before we get into the specific details on the Makita HR2475 let’s have a quick look at who is behind the design and build of this rotary hammer drill.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial tools and accessories. Makita applies leading-edge innovation to engineer power tools that are more compact and energy efficient, yet deliver industrial strength power and results.
Makita’s concrete rotary hammers are designed to provide hard-hitting performance, more productivity and less vibration. Makita rotary hammers are engineered with the Makita Motor Advantage, which includes field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature, and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life.
Additional performance features include a torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage and personal bodily harm by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds. Sequential impact timing delivers timed hammering during rotation to minimize overlapping bit impacts, resulting in up to 50 percent faster drilling. The constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs.
Makita HR2475 Features
- Powerful 7.0 AMP motor delivers 0-1,100 RPM & 0-4,500 BPM for the most demanding applications
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Sequential impact timing delivers timed hammering during rotation to minimize overlapping bit impacts resulting in up to 50% faster drilling
- Extended life brushes are longer for more work between service intervals and less downtime
- 40 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- 3-mode operation for “”Rotation Only””, “”Hammering with Rotation”” or “”Hammering Only”” for multiple applications
Want more rotary hammer reviews? See the best rotary hammers right here!
Makita HR2475 Review – Pros!
Now let’s have a look at some of the pros related to the Makita HR2475 hammer drill.
- At only 6.6 Lbs the HR2475 is one of the lightest rotary hammer drills in it’s class which means friendlier user experience when operating for long periods of time.
- The option to position your chipping bits in 40 different positions is a very nice feature when it comes to comfort and convenience.
- The D handle design with rubberized soft grip makes it very comfortable to operate.
- Built in torque limiter not only protects the gears when your bit binds up but it also protects your wrists and any other body parts that might get in the way when the rotary hammer spins out of control.
- And the constant speed control is a huge bonus, this means that the Makita HR2475 does not bog down as you are trying to drill through concrete.
Makita HR2475 Hammer Drill Review – Cons!
When it comes to cons related to the Makita HR2475 we have to be honest in saying that we did not really find anything worth actually calling a “CON”.
When compared to it’s competition it does seem to be a little on light side which some may mistake as being a cheaper quality, but that is not the fact at all. The only real thing might be…. If you put the HR2475 Makita head to head against it’s competitors it does seem to be a little on the slower side.
Do you want more reviews from real user of the Makita HR2475? See More Here
Makita HR2475 Rotary Hammer Overall Thoughts!
So there you it, our review of the Makita HR2475 rotary hammer drill. Now the question remains, what is our overall thoughts on this Makita rotary hammer?
Would we recommend picking it up or not?
Honestly if you are particular to Makita power tools then by all means we would say go ahead and pick up the 2475 rotary hammer drill because overall it is a great tool.
On the other hand, if you are not particular to Makita then we would either recommend the Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme for approximately the same price or if you are willing to pay a little bit extra then go with the Bosch Bulldog Extremes bigger brother the Bosch RH228VC.